Successful adult literacy volunteers have the following characteristics:
- Dependability, promptness, patience, flexibility, and friendliness
- Interest in diverse cultures and stories
- Ability to relate to people from many backgrounds
- A willingness to provide respectful, relevant instructional content
- A willingness to work with, and take direction from, program staff
- Interest in serving the community
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
- 18 years of age or older (16 if volunteering with a parent/guardian, or as negotiated with your specific site)
- Attend required training sessions
- About 1-3 hours per week (depending on the position)
- A minimum of 3 or 4 months (depending on the location).
Questions? Contact Wendy Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-251-9063.