Join the 2019-2020 Technology Leadership Academy!
The TLA is a 6-month professional development cohort that will help enhance technology integration and expertise within your Adult Basic Education program with coaching, training and support targeted to your program’s specific technology-related needs and priorities.
December 2019 – May 2020 (application due November 8, 2019)
Initial capacity assessment: 1-2 hours (to be completed in December)
Kick off meeting in St. Paul: 2-4 hours (Friday, February 7, 2020)
Review of capacity assessment with TLA coach (at your ABE location, weather permitting): 2-3 hours (January - February)
Monthly check-in with coach: 1 hour (January- April)
Additional training and coaching in person or via webinar: determined based on goals (no more than 3 hours per month)
Final in-person wrap up meeting in St. Paul: 4 hours (May 29, 2020)
Total time required: 12-20 hours
Travel expenses will be covered for staff of programs located more than 50 miles away from St. Paul. Stipends are available to pay for substitute teachers if needed.
5-20, based on work completed
- As part of the Technology Leadership Academy (TLA), your program will:
- Complete a program-wide technology capacity self-assessment.
- Set TLA goals that align with your program-specific needs and priorities.
- Receive regular phone/web/in-person check-ins and coaching with a technology liaison from the Statewide Support Services team.
- Share ideas and resources with other participating ABE programs.
- Access online or in-person technology trainings as needed.
Preferably two people from your program will participate; it is recommended that one participant be a manager or lead teacher. However, if this is not possible, please apply anyway. Priority will be given to consortia that have upcoming deadlines for five-year narratives.
This project is made possible by a Support Services grant from the ABE office of the Minnesota Department of Education.