Give and Take
Purpose: To encourage learners to practice brainstorming and interacting with their classmates
Preparation Time: None
Materials Needed: None
- Give the learners a topic, and have them brainstorm a list of words associated with that topic for 1-2 minutes.
Things you find in a school
Fruits and vegetables
Adjectives to describe people
- Have all of the learners stand up and find a partner. Give them 1-2 minutes to compare their lists.
- As they compare their lists, they must give their classmate an item that is not on their classmate’s list, and take an item that they didn’t have on their own list. Remind them that they can only write down one new item from their partner.
- After they give and get ideas, the learners go and find a new partner and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- At the end of the activity, see which learners have the most items on their lists.