Purpose: To use listening skills while practicing vocabulary
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Materials: A whiteboard, pens and paper, and a list of vocabulary
Prep: Choose a list of approximately ten vocabulary words that the students have been studying
1. Write the list of vocabulary words that the students have been studying on the board.
2. Students each choose three words from the list and copy them into their notebooks.
3. Say the definition of one of the words. Students who copied that word cross it off their list.
4. Continue until a student crosses off all three of his or her words. This student should call out, “Bingo!”
5. Ask the student to define each of the three words in his or her list.
6. Continue playing as long as there is time and interest.