A Very VISTA Valentine's Day!
Whether you're celebrating with friends, family, coworkers, VISTA peers, or your significant other, there are some great Valentine's Day opportunities to take advantage of this year. We found some local deals and events--ranging from the romantic to the playful and platonic--all at prices affordable on a VISTA budget!
If you're celebrating TODAY:
- Caribou Coffee is offering a "buy one drink, get one free" deal all day.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill has a "BOGO for a Kiss" deal going on all day. Order one entree at any location, share a kiss at the register (blow a kiss at a stranger, kiss your dining partner on the cheek...anything goes) and receive a second entree for free.
- The MIA is turning into the "Minneapolis Institute of Hearts" for the day. Each musuem guest will receive a paper heart to place in front of their favorite work of art, filling the galleries with valentines. Museum admission is free, as usual.
- The MN Landscape Arboretum in Chaska offers free admission every Thursday, and we hear that their exotic orchid exhibit is both impressive and romantic.
- The Landmark Center is hosting a "Cocktails with Culture" event tonight from 5-7pm. There will be live music and "Songs of Love" performed by McNally Smith College of Music students, a cash bar, and complementary light appetizers. The event and exhibits are free, and did we mention yet that there will be a woodturning demonstration and love spoons exhibition? We're intrigued.
- The Minnesota Sinfonia, featuring the International Beethoven Competition winner (a cellist), will be performing Tchaikovsky's "Variations on a Rococo Theme, Opus 33" tonight in Faribault. The concert is free, starts at 7:30pm, and location details and directions can be found in the link above.
If you're busy tonight, but still want to celebrate:
- Lake of the Isles has free ice skating open daily, plus a warming house full of free skates to borrow! Bring warm socks plus a thermos of hot chocolate, and enjoy one of Minneapolis' most beautiful winter rinks.
- The MIA offers a free "Love and Scandal" tour daily from 1-2pm. Enjoy the regular museum exhibits for free, then let a tour guide point out the museum's most salacious, romantic, and scandalous works of art.
- Birchwood Cafe has a "Wine/Beer + Pizza for Two" deal every Saturday at 5pm. For $30, get any two pizzas plus a bottle of wine or a pitcher of beer. This cozy cafe offers a romantic atmosphere and the dessert/bakery case is just to die for.
- The Minnesota Sinfonia, featuring the International Beethoven Competition winner (a cellist), will be performing Tchaikovsky's "Variations on a Rococo Theme, Opus 33" two times this weekend for free. The first performance will be at 7pm on Friday, February 15th at Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, and the second will be at 4pm on Sunday, February 17th at Temple Israel in Minneapolis. Details in the link.