**Due to space limitations we are not currently accepting book donations. We recommend donating your new or gently used books to Read Indeed or Books for Africa.**
We appreciate donations of new and gently-used children's books that meet the guidelines below.
We gratefully accept new and gently-used:
- Bilingual and multicultural children's books
- Board books for early readers and preschool children
- Picture books
- Easy chapter books (up to a 3rd grade reading level)
- Middle grades chapter books (up to a 6th grade reading level)
Due to program policies and space limitations, we cannot accept:
- Adult and young adult fiction or non-fiction
- Damaged books, including those with tears, large marks, water damage or broken spines
- Instructional materials, including teacher guides and textbooks
- Religious or holiday-themed books
Studies have shown that being read to as a child and having books in the home are two very important factors in a child's future academic success. Sadly, families in low-income communities have limited access to books and educational resources. We believe that every family deserves to have books in their home and every year we work to put more than 10,000 free books directly into the hands of children and families who need them. We are able to do this thanks to donors like you.
How to donate your books
- Plan ahead. Before you make your donation, please contact Julia at email@example.com or 651-251-9059. We are currently running low on storage space, so contacting us ahead will ensure we have space available for your donation.
- Consider volunteering to process donated books. Because of the volume of donations received, we have a great need for help with processing book donations, particularly during the winter and early spring months. This is a great one-time or short-term volunteer opportunity for families or groups. Contact Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-251-9059 for more information.