Our goal at the Minnesota Literacy Council is to support you in all stages to becoming a volunteer in your community:
1. New to volunteering?
- Attend a New Volunteer Information Session to learn more about our opportunities and decide if volunteering with literacy is a good fit for you.
- Complete a Volunteer Interest Form to help us match you with a fun, rewarding volunteer opportunity. Once we receive your form, we will contact you with next steps.
2. Attend a workshop
- Are you new to this? Maybe you just want to brush up on your skills a little bit? Attend a children's tutor training to learn strategies and connect with others who have a passion for literacy!
3. Find a location in our network
- Choose a volunteer literacy program that fits your interests, skills, location and scheduling needs.
- We can help with this step! Fill out a Volunteer Interest Form to be matched with a location or contact Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
4. Site orientation
- Once you've contacted a program, meet on-site with the volunteer coordinator to become familiar with the program. The orientation may include observing a class, meeting staff and volunteers, and learning about their curricula.
5. Begin volunteering
- After you start working with a program, we'll still be here to provide helpful resources to you, including free tutor trainings, access to our library, weekly tutor tips and a monthly tutor e-newsletter.
Questions? Contact Julia Maiuri at email@example.com or 651-251-9059.