Children's literacy volunteers are:
- Dependable, patient, flexible, and friendly
- Able to relate to people from many backgrounds
- Willing to provide respectful, relevant instructional content
- Interested in working with their community
- 18 years of age or older. Some programs do accept volunteers under 18 years old with parent/guardian consent. Please check with program for details or e-mail Julia (below) for more information.
- Ability to commit 1-3 hours per week (depending on the position)
- Ability to commit a minimum of 3-4 months (depending on the location)