Open Door Learning Center's Preschool, located on St. Paul's Eastside, provides preschool education for children ages 3-5. While children participate in the preschool classroom, their parent or adult caretaker attends adult English or GED classes just down the hall. Our day focuses on early literacy and consists of independent choice time, group songs and games, stories and hands-on learning activities.
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Special interest in or experience working with children
- Ability to relate to children from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to manage children’s behavior in a positive and mature manner
- Coursework in education or child development a plus
- Attend all scheduled times
- Work cooperatively with classroom teacher and other volunteers
- Work with small groups of students or individual students on independent tasks and skills
- Inform teacher of problems
- Help to track student progress and achievements
- Attend an initial orientation meeting with the classroom teacher (1 hour)
- Observe a 2-hour class
- Attend the ABCs of Reading literacy training (3 hours)
- Currently, no positions are available, but if you apply we will put on our waiting list and contact you when we have openings.
- 2.5 hours once a week
- Minimum three-month commitment, preferably a six-month commitment
Open Door Learning Center-Arlington Hills
1115 Greenbrier Street, St. Paul, MN
All positions are currently full, but we do keep a list of people who are interested for future positions!
- Experience working in an early childhood environment
- Opportunity to meet students from other cultures
- Development of teaching and classroom management skills