REQUIRED 2017-18 VISTA MEMBER TRAINING DATES:
August 21-22, 2017 - Early Service Training
8:00am - 4:00pm, Minnesota Literacy Council Training Room, 700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, Saint Paul, MN
Additional dates to be determined
- Orienting and connecting members to services and information provided by the Minnesota Literacy Council and Corporation for National and Community Service
- Giving members the knowledge and skills needed to succeed at their sites
- Fostering positive relationships and creating cohesion among VISTA members
- Providing opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Encouraging networking, resource sharing, collaboration and partnerships across members and sites
Required Training Attendance Policy:
We expect that all members will be present at each of the required trainings. All members and supervisors are given the dates for mandatory trainings at the beginning of the service year so that they can plan accordingly.
If a member is unable to attend a required training, he/she should contact the VISTA staff as early as possible to discuss the situation.