Formal progress reports for each VISTA project are due quarterly. VISTA supervisors should complete these reports with help from the VISTA member. Once the reports are submitted to the Minnesota Literacy Council, we compile them to send to the Corporation for National and Community Service.
The quarterly progress reports should tell the story of your VISTA project's impact, and in turn will help us tell the story of the impact of our Minnesota Literacy Council VISTA program and of AmeriCorps VISTA in general. The style of a quarterly progress report should be similar to that of a grant report.
What's on the quarterly progress report?
- Data reporting. You will be asked to report on data related to numbers of individuals served, numbers of volunteers, and the amount of donations raised.
- Narratives. You will be asked to tell the story of your successes and challenges.
- Site-specific goal progress. Each VISTA project has set specific milestone goals, reflected in the SuperVAD, that fit into performance measures in one of six service categories, and you will need to report on those measures.
- VISTA Days Off. You will need to report on the number of sick days and personal days the VISTA member used during the quarter.
When are the quarterly progress reports due?
· October 15 (reporting period: beginning of service through 9/30)
· January 15 (reporting period: beginning of service through 12/31)
· April 15 (reporting period: beginning of service through 3/31)
· July 31 Final Reports due (reporting period: beginning of service through 7/31)*
*For VISTAs/sites that start/end at a different time than late July, the July report will be a regular quarterly report, and your final report will instead be due with whichever quarterly report aligns with your VISTA's service end date.
In addition to the quarterly and year-end progress reports, each year VISTA projects (supervisors) must complete an online Organizational Assessment, beginning with just before your VISTA project begins its first year. This evaluation tool is a self-assessment of your organization or program's capacity at that time in the areas that your VISTA project addresses (e.g., volunteer recruitment and training, program evaluation, developing program content, etc.). Over the course of the project, it measures the progress of your VISTA project in addressing your agency's capacity-building needs in the areas you identify as a primary focus of the project. Organizational Assessments are due July 20 each year.