Literacy is life-changing. Literacy gives pride to the grandmother working toward her GED. It gives hope to the father who can finally help his children with their homework. Literacy gives joy to the third-grader who can now read at grade level. These are just a few examples of how your tax-deductible gift will make a difference:
- $48 inspires summertime fun. Your support can provide two literacy kits filled with books, play dough, art supplies and fun learning games.
- $100 trains new literacy leaders. Your gift can provide training for Literacy VISTA members who dedicate a year of service to helping organizations build literacy skills for children and youth.
- $250 buys dozens of smiles. Your pledge can keep our preschools stocked with supplies and snacks for a whole month.
- $668 changes a life. Your pledge supports one adult for a full year of literacy classes.
- $1,000 inspires a brighter future. Your donation can give 25 children summer reading help.
The Minnesota Literacy Council has been reviewed by the Charities Review Council and meets all performance standards.
How to give