- Serves individuals living in poverty.
- Wants to expand or improve upon its ability to address the literacy needs of children, youth or adults from low-income communities.
- Has a need for VISTA members to complete a three year capacity-building project to increase effectiveness of literacy programs, and/or to develop new or expand existing services.
- Has the ability to provide consistent on-site supervision and support to a VISTA member year-round.
- Serves children entering grades K-4 from low-income families.
- Runs during the summer months, June to August.
- Is looking to provide a clear focus on literacy and reading enrichment.
- Has a need and opportunities for VISTAs to serve directly as tutors or program facilitators.
- Is able to offer consistent support and guidance to Summer Reads VISTAs over the summer.