AmeriCorps VISTA Host Site Information Session
Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Add to Calendar
Minnesota Literacy Council
700 Raymond Avenue
Saint Paul,, MN 55114
Host an AmeriCorps VISTA!
Does your organization:
- serve individuals or communities in poverty?
- want to expand or improve literacy programming, or increase the number of struggling learners you can reach?
- have a desire to invest in and develop emerging community leaders?
- operate in Minnesota?
We invite you to apply to host a VISTA with Minnesota Literacy Council! Two options:
A dedicated full-time Literacy VISTA serves for 12 months and will build the capacity of your organization to create, expand, improve, or sustain literacy programming for children, youth, adults, or famillies. Rather than direct service, VISTAs work behind the scenes on projects like developing program content, designing program evaluation, expanding partnerships, improving volunteer recruitment and training, identifying new outreach or fundraising strategies, and more.
Summer Reads VISTAs serve as program facilitators for 8 weeks in the summer to bring literacy to life for children entering grades K-4 through a variety of activities such as cooking, theater, games, gardening, one-on-one or small group tutoring, and more.
Attend an Info Session to find out more. Attendance is required for applying to host a Literacy VISTA.
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 10am-12pm (webinar)
- Thursday, December 14, 2017, 1-3pm (MN Literacy Council main office, 700 Raymond Ave, Ste 180, St Paul, MN 55114)
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018, 1-3pm (MN Literacy Council main office)
- Thursday, January 18, 2018, 10am-12pm (MN Literacy Council main office)
- Recorded webinar available upon request after November 29, 2017