Purpose: to help learners listen to specific vocabulary, and get everyone laughing and moving. It’s great to use as an energizer for the middle of the class!
Preparation Time: None
Materials Needed: None
- Set the chairs in a circle, and have one learner sit down in each chair.
- Call out a sentence that begins with “Find a new chair if…” and has a physical description of people in the class (clothing, appearance, etc.).
- All of the learners who match the sentence must stand up and find a new chair.
- Do this several times, then sit down while learners are finding a new chair. The learner who is standing in the middle now has to call out a sentence. If they struggle, encourage the class to help provide them with examples.
- Repeat the game until most learners have had a chance to be in the middle and call out a sentence.
Examples: Find a new chair if…
You are wearing glasses.
You have long hair.
You are wearing black shoes.
You have blue eyes.
You have blue pants.
Expansion: You can also do this for things that are not visible, such as city where people live, number of children, pets, etc.