Question the Answers!
Purpose: to practice forming and writing wh- questions
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Materials Needed: A set of answers that can clearly be identified as belonging to a specific wh-question (what, why, where, when, how, who)
- Review the wh- question words. Ask the class to call out a few examples for each question word.
- Write a list of 3-6 answers on the board.
- Put the learners into small groups. Ask the groups to come up with a wh- question for each answer.
- South Minneapolis
- 5 years
- Because I like to meet new people.
- Go around the room and gave the groups read through their questions. Ask the class to give feedback on how the questions match up with the answers after each group reads.
Modification 1: Follow the same procedure for yes/no questions to practice yes/no question formation.