Purpose: To give learners practice asking and answering questions
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Preparation: Find a reading passage at students' level
Materials Needed: Copies of a short read passage at students' level
- Pass out reading passage to students. Read the passage to them or have them read it themselves, as appropriate
- Have students pair up.
- In pairs, have Student A ask Student B a question about the passage. Have student B answer the question. Then have Student B ask Student A a question, etc. Explain and model as appropriate.
- Have students continue to ask and answer questions until they run out of questions.
- It is a great idea to provide and review a list of possible question types
- Encourage students to support their answesr by providing evidence from the text.