I Have, Who Has
Thanks to Megan Hallstrom for this activity idea!
Purpose: To practice verbally reviewing numbers
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Materials Needed: cards with numbers written on them
- Write the numbers 1-20 on the board.
- Read through the numbers together as a class.
- Pass out cards with the numbers written on them. Direct the learner who has the card with the number 1 to begin by saying, “I have 1, who has 2?”
- The learner who has the card with the number 2 says, “I have 2, who has 3?
- This continues until the learner with the highest number speaks.
- The learners can then shuffle their cards and play again. To make it into a race, time them when they go through the numbers and see how quickly they can go through the numbers.
Modification 1: For groups that need more of a challenge, count by 5s, 10s, or higher numbers.
Modification 2: After the learners get to the highest number, have them count back down.