October 26, 2017
Purpose: To reinforce spelling in a fun and active manner that gets learners up out of their seats
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Materials Needed: List of vocabulary words, letters needed for the words written on index cards (one letter per card)
- Spread the letter cards out over a space on the floor, and have the learners gather around them.
- Read a word out loud. Ask the class how to spell it.
- As the class says each letter in the word, step on the corresponding letter card.
- Ask for a learner to volunteer. Read a word out loud. Direct the learner to spell the word out loud, stepping on each letter as they say it.
- If learners are unsure of how to spell the word, invite the learners who are watching to help them out.