June 8, 2017
Purpose: Reviewing a text in a small group setting can prompt learners to recall a greater amount of points and details than they would if they reviewed it independently. Additionally, turning the review into a fun and challenging game helps to engage leaners in the reviewing process.
Preparation Time: None
Materials Needed: Reading text
- After the learners finish reading the text, have them briefly review it and try to remember some key points and details.
- Ask the learners to sit in a circle. Choose a learner to begin the chain. The learner shares one piece of information that they remember about the text out loud with the whole group.
- The next learner repeats the information from the first learner, then adds a new point or detail that they remember from the text.
- The third learner repeats the information from the first and second learners, then adds something new.
- The chain continues until the group runs out of ideas and details.