Money Smart Deadline
If you currently use the FDIC Money Smart courses with your students, don't forget about the looming deadline.
"If you started any Money Smart CBI modules but haven’t yet finished them, you may want to finish them and print your certificates of completion by December 31, 2016. On January 4, 2017, the CBI will have a new, simplified registration process and will also be usable on tablets. However, your progress in the current version of the CBI will not be accessible in this enhanced version. That’s why it’s important to finish any modules you may have in process by the end of 2016."
This is somewhat reminicent about the GED test changes so you will likely already have this in hand but the exciting news in my opinion is that there will be an easier registration process and you will able to do it on tablets. This might really open doors to sites who primary connectivity is through a lab of iPads.
If you are not familar with Money Smart https://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/moneysmart/
"Money Smart is a comprehensive financial education curriculum designed to help low- and moderate-income individuals outside the financial mainstream enhance their financial skills and create positive banking relationships. Money Smart has reached over 3 million consumers since 2001. Research shows that the curriculum can positively influence how consumers manage their finances, and these changes are sustainable in the months after the training.
Financial education fosters financial stability for individuals, families, and entire communities. The more people know about credit and banking services, the more likely they are to increase savings, buy homes, and improve their financial health and well-being.
The Money Smart curriculum for consumers is available free of charge in several versions:
- Instructor-led curricula for adults on CD-ROM available in nine languages and Braille and large print versions for the visually impaired (learn more)
- Instructor-led curricula series for young people in grades pre-K through 12 (learn more)
- A stand-alone instructor-led module developed by the FDIC and CFPB that targets the needs of older adults (age 62 and older). Money Smart for Older Adults is available in English and Spanish.
- A self-paced Computer-Based Instruction (CBI) format online for ages 13 and over in English and Spanish (learn more)
- A portable audio (MP3) version, Money Smart Podcast Network (learn more) "