August 11, 2016
Purpose: A wrap-up activity that gives learners a chance to reflect on what they learned during the lesson and think about how they will use what they learned outside of the classroom
Preparation Time: None
Materials Needed: None
- Students think about their responses to the following prompts and write their answers independently on a piece of scratch paper:
• What did we learn today?
• So What? (relevancy, importance, usefulness)
• Now What? (how does this fit into what we are learning, where can we practice what we learned today, how can we use it outside of class)
- After students have had the opportunity to write their thoughts, they discuss their answers with a partner or a small group.
- Students take a few minutes to modify their responses after they talked to their partner or group.
- If there is time, a few students can share out their responses with the whole class.