I Have...Who Has...?
June 17, 2013
Purpose: to review vocabulary and practice asking and answering questions
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Materials: sets of index cards, each with a question and answer (see attached handout for examples)
Prep: You’ll need an even number of people to do this activity. Each person needs one card, so prepare the cards accordingly.
- Give each student a card.
- Students stand in a circle.
- The first time through should be instructor-directed, so that everyone understands how to play the game.
- The first person starts with the question on his/her card. For example:
“Who has a word that means a phone number to call for an emergency?”
- The student with the correct answer card says: “I have 911.” The same student then asks the question on his/her card. “Who has a place you go to see a doctor?”
- The student with the answer card says: “I have clinic. Who has…?
- The activity continues until all questions have been asked and answered.
- Students switch cards and continue playing.