Give Us Some Details!
April 16, 2013
Purpose: To practice asking and answering questions using past tense
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Preparation: Think of sentences that tell something about an event. Some examples are: I went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. We had a car accident. My sister got a new job. Write each sentence on a separate sheet of paper.
1) Distribute your sentences to students.
2) One student reads his or her sentence.
3) Other students in the class take turns asking questions about the details of the event on the paper. Some examples are: How did it happen? Who was with you? Why did it happen?
4) The student with the paper must make up an answer to tell the class.
5) Repeat with other students and their sentences.