Purpose: to practice speaking and listening, sequencing, fluency, creativity
Prep time: none
Procedure: This game can be played with partners or a small group.
- The first player makes a suggestion.
- The next player enthusiastically replies, “Yes, and…” and adds information to the suggestion.
- The first player enthusiastically responds with “Yes, and…” and adds more information to the suggestion.
- The dialogue continues in this manner.
A: “Abdi, let’s plant a garden.”
B: “Yes, and we can put flowers in the garden.”
A: “Yes, and we’ll have a pond in the middle with lots of fish.”
B: “Yes, and we can swim in the pond on hot days.”
- “Yes, but…”
- “If we had a million dollars, we could…”, “Yes, and we could…”
- “If we only had five minutes, we couldn’t…”, “No, and we couldn’t…”
- Making pizza – “We need cheese.” “Yes, and we need mushrooms.” “Yes, and we need…”