Literacy is life-changing. Literacy gives pride to the grandmother working toward her GED. It gives hope to the father who can finally help his children with their homework. Literacy gives joy to the third-grader who can now read at grade level. These are just a few examples of how your tax-deductible gift will make a difference:
- $35 makes our trainings accessible to all. Your support can cover the cost of our 12-hour tutor training for a volunteer with a financial need.
- $50 inspires summertime fun. Your gift can provide two literacy kits filled with books, play dough, art supplies and fun learning games.
- $100 trains new literacy leaders. Your donation can provide ongoing training for Literacy VISTAs, who dedicate a year of service to help build literacy programming statewide.
- $250 buys dozens of smiles. You can send our Open Door preschoolers and their parents on an educational field trip.
- $1,000 inspires a brighter future. Your support can cover a full year of our free ESL or GED classes for an adult.
The Minnesota Literacy Council has been reviewed by the Charities Review Council and meets all performance standards.
How to give
- Donate now
- Make a planned gift
- Join us at our Beyond Words Bash!
- Wish list
- Book donations
- In-kind donation form
- Other ways to give